February 10, 2022
Renfrew Centre is LEED® Certified to the Gold level
Epic Investment Services is pleased to announce that Renfrew Centre, a 170,000 square foot office tower in Vancouver, British Columbia has achieved LEED® Gold Certification.
To achieve LEED® Gold, Renfrew Centre had to meet specific requirements in five area: sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources and indoor environmental quality.
Some of the features that contributed Renfrew Centre achieving a LEED® Gold rating:
- Green roof to improve envelope performance.
- Energy efficient lighting systems and natural day-lighting design.
- Sun-shading to reduce energy consumption.
- Reduced water and energy consumption.
- Mechanical system provides constant ventilation and off-hours cooling capability.
- Full waste management program including composting, green waste separation and paper, glass and aluminum recycling.
- Proximity to the SkyTrain, bike paths, on-site car-share parking stations and electric car recharging stations.
This property was designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and emits 90% less GHG emissions than the average office building in Canada. *
Congratulations to the Renfrew Centre property management team!
ABOUT EPIC INVESTMENT SERVICES
Epic Investment Services, which includes its wholly owned subsidiary MDC Realty Advisors in the United States, is a fully integrated North American real estate platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and operating from offices in Canada and the United States, Epic has over $17.5 billion in assets under management. Epic’s portfolio comprises over 30 million square feet of office, retail, industrial and multi-family residential properties.